The Woodlands is packed with things to do over the long Labor Day weekend! With fireworks, live music, shopping, and snow cones, there is no shortage of activities planned.
Waterway Square | Sunday, September 1, 2019 | 5 to 9 p.m.
31 Waterway Square Place
The celebration at Waterway Square is the biggest party in The Woodlands over Labor Day Weekend. Get ready for live music, children’s activities, strolling entertainers and fireworks! This free event is packed with activities for the entire family. The kid zone area will feature crafts, face painting, balloon artists and more! Fireworks are set to start at 8:55 p.m., weather permitting. There will also be a pie-eating contest!
Market Street | Monday, September 1, 2019 | all-day
9595 Six Pines Drive
The newly renovated Market Street is a lively place for the holiday! The area has a new spray pad area along with picnic tables and plenty of green space! For Labor Day there will be a snow cone truck parked near Central Park for guests to come out and enjoy a sweet treat. Of course, the Cinemark movie theater will be open along with plenty of shopping and restaurant options. Dining stops include The Grotto, Tommy Bahamas, True Foods, Berry Hill Baja Grill & Cantina, and others. Shop ‘til you drop at Kendra Scott, Tiffany, Michael Kors, Johnny Was and more.
Woodlands Resort Labor Day Weekend
The Woodlands Resort
2301 N Millbend Drive
Enjoy a staycation at The Woodlands Resort with waterpark fun. The resort has a fun long weekend planned. Activities include face painting, cookie decorating with Chef Ryan, Obstacle course racing, karaoke, ring toss, dive scavenger hunt, and many other activities! Kids will love The Forest Oasis, which features a lazy river and waterpark with a 30-foot tower, a double-helix water slide, waterfall, and underwater marine mural. Nightly activities include s’mores, big-screen movies, and family fun bingo.
The Woodlands Farmer’s Market at Grogan’s Mill
Saturday, August 31, 2019 | 8 a.m. to Noon
7 Switchbud Place
Take the family out to The Woodlands Farmer’s Market. Shop local produce, prepared good and artisan crafts. You’ll find handmade jewelry, Texas olive oil, tea, seasonings, pies, snacks and more! (Checklist of vendors here.) Plantonic Friends Nursery will offer up gardening tips and advice. Side Note: They are always accepting recycled pots and egg cartons for the school Monarch butterfly project.
Market Street | Sunday, September 1, 2019 | 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
9595 Six Pines Drive
Enjoy the new renovations at Market Street with coffee and friends! The Woodlands Car Club (TWCC) meets at Market Street on the first Sunday of each month for a fun and creative way to give back to the community. Classic and other unique types of cars line the streets of Market Street. Your visit helps support local charities through the “Change for Charities” program which has collected and donated more than $20,000 to local charities since 2008.
Live Musical Entertainment! Various Locations
Looking for a lively way to celebrate Labor Day Weekend? Consider hitting up one of the live entertainment events. From Latin to Country, there is something planned for every music taste.
- Will Carter Band Live will perform at Mahoney’s Texas Bar & Restaurant on Saturday, August 31st.
- Check out the live entertainment at Dosey Doe. Dave Koz and Friends Summer Horns are playing Saturday, August 31st. Mark Wills is set to play Sunday, September 1st.
- Cielo Latin Bar on Sawdust Rd has three rooms with entertainment and various events planned over Labor Day Weekend.
- Como Social Club plans to have live music from Wednesday to Saturday of Labor Day Weekend.
Other Labor Day activities to consider:
- Lace-up your running shoes and plan to join the Goose’s Acre Running Club for an evening run. They are meeting up Monday, September 2nd at 5:30 p.m. at The Goose’s Acre Bistro & Irish Pub.
- Houston Restaurant Weeks is underway! Check out the restaurants in The Woodlands that are offering special menu pricing to benefit the Houston Food Bank!