About Visit The Woodlands
The Woodlands is a place designed for great experiences - from beautiful nature to top-tier amenities, globally-ranked venues to hidden gems, our purpose at Visit The Woodlands is ensuring the visitor experience is seamless. And by supporting and investing in local hospitality businesses, providing complimentary services to meeting planners, engaging potential visitors across digital and social channels, and so much more, we help visitors effortlessly enjoy everything that makes our destination distinctive.
WHO WE ARE
The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau (dba: Visit The Woodlands) is the official destination marketing organization responsible for promoting The Woodlands to drive demand for both hotel and retail tax collections.
Our mission is to establish The Woodlands, Texas as a beautiful, lively, and welcoming destination recognized regionally, nationally and internationally for first-class business, convention and leisure travel.
Visit The Woodlands is an energetic and innovative 501 (c) (6) organization of talented and dedicated professionals who fulfill our Mission by setting high-performance standards, expectations and goals. We work with the community to create and maintain productive public and private partnerships while serving as a reliable and credible source for The Woodlands tourism industry.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Be Consistent and Fair in Business Relations
- Initiate and Implement Cooperative Efforts
- Promote and Encourage Collaboration
- Practice and Execute Initiative and Innovation
- Practice Budget Responsibility
- Extend and Share Expertise
- Work with Integrity in Open Records/Open Meetings Environment
PURPOSES & SERVICES
- Provide Leadership for the Tourism Industry in The Woodlands: By promoting activities, encouraging marketing programs and projecting an appealing image on behalf of The Woodlands Township.
- Drive Awareness of the The Woodlands as a Destination: To meeting professionals, business travelers, tour operators and individual visitors.
- Promote Hospitality Partners in The Woodlands: Hotels, entertainment venues, restaurants, outdoor offerings, museums, retail centers, transportation providers and other hospitality businesses who serve visitors.
- Provide Services to Meeting Planners: Lead distribution assistance, site tour coordination, incentive funds, welcome bags, customized marketing support, itinerary creation, off-site activity suggestions and liaison and Show Your Badge program coordination.
- Drive Economic Impact: By actively reaching corporate and professional meeting planners to bring more meetings and events to The Woodlands, the organization will drive economic impact for The Woodlands. This is done through tradeshow participation, strategic partnerships, familiarization trips for meeting planner groups, travel media and other traditional sales & marketing methods.
- Support Key Signature Events: Multi-day events that promote and highlight The Woodlands as a destination for overnight stays.
- Provide Visitor Information: Help visitors save time and energy in looking for tourism opportunities in The Woodlands and Greater Houston area by providing visitor services, information and travel guides.
- Work with National, State and Regional Partners: To promote The Woodlands as an ideal location to visit and spend the night.
- Develop and Support Training Initiatives: For hospitality employees in The Woodlands.
- Support Non-partisan Issues: That generate revenue, protect and grow the business of travel and tourism in Texas, support more than 1 million Texas jobs, and improve the quality of life for all Texans.