Summer is a busy time of year and The Woodlands provides plenty of activities to enjoy while vacationing with family and friends. Mark your calendars now for three big community events planned for the Summer. From Memorial Day to July Fourth, we have all of the details along with a few insider tips to consider.
Memorial Day in The Woodlands
May 26, 2019
Town Green Park, 2099 Lake Robbins Drive
5 to 9 p.m.
Celebrate the official start to summer with the popular Memorial Day celebration in The Woodlands. The celebrated event pays tribute to all military service men and women who lost their lives while serving in the United States and it also honors all veterans. The festival includes live music, inflatables, face painting, children’s activities, strolling entertainers and more. The family-friendly event ends with a dazzling fireworks display choreographed to a patriotic soundtrack.
- Visitors are encouraged to set up a comfy area for your family to enjoy the celebration. You can bring blankets and lawn chairs. Feel free to bring a deck of cards or other games so you can relax and listen to music.
- Look for cool vendors. There will be a large area set up for family-friendly vendors. You can expect to see people selling homemade goods and other retail items. Of course, this means there will be plenty of food options to choose from. Concessions will be available for purchase.
- Show your support for the troops. There will be a care package drop-off booth available onsite at the celebration. Volunteers will accept donations of recommended items to be shipped to troops serving overseas. Items needed include packaged snacks, toiletries, bug spray, nail files, and other useful products. There are certain rules about the items being donated so check this list for all of the details.
Wine & Food Week
June 3 - 9, 2019
Various locations and times
For food and wine lovers, Wine & Food Week is packed with events you just can’t miss, with 2019 marking 15 years for the annual event. The multi-faceted extravaganza is packed with activities for seven whole days! Experience national and international wines at wine tastings, wine dinners, seminars, casual events and the H-E-B Wine Walk at Market Street. All events lead up to the elaborate Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase.
- Guy’s night! Meet Jarvis Green Wine Wizard 2011 and former NFL superstar, two-time Superbowl Champion and owner of Oceans 97, whose shrimp and shrimp products reflect Green’s commitment to locally sourced and natural products. Oceans 97 will be featured at “It’s a Guy Thing” and the Grand Tasting with some pop-up tastings in between. “It’s a Guy Thing” is June 4 from 7 to 10 p.m. and tickets are $30.
- Ladies that lunch! Ladies of the Vine Tasting, Luncheon & Panel Discussion will be held Friday, June 7 from Noon to 3 p.m. at The Club at Carlton Woods. This elegant affair features prominent women in the wine industry and tickets are $85. The event sells out every year, so don’t wait!
- Taco day reigns supreme. Don’t miss Sips, Suds & Tacos on Friday, June 7 at 6 p.m. It’s a taco take-down where tacos of all shapes and sizes are served up with all the fixings and one taco takes all the glory (and the quirky taco trophy.) Tickets are $30. Grab some friends and wind down the week with a fiesta!
These are just a few highlights for the many events planned during Wine & Food Week! To purchase tickets, sign up to volunteer and for more general information, visit www.wineandfoodweek.com.
Red, Hot & Blue Festival and Fireworks Extravaganza
July 4, 2019
Various Community Parks
Celebrate July 4th with family and friends in various locations around The Woodlands. The annual Red, Hot and Blue Festival features vendor booths, great food, children’s activities, and entertainment. Multiple stages will be set up at Town Green Park and Waterway Square for the community-wide celebration. Rob Fleming Park will have activities like face painting, balloon artists and concessions. Northshore Park will also have children’s activities along with live music. The events end with one of the largest fireworks displays in the Greater Houston area with 20+ minute fireworks display over The Woodlands Town Center.
- Best places to watch fireworks: Town Green Park, Waterway Square Park, Rob Fleming Park, Northshore Park, and Hughes Landing. The primary fireworks display will be located on Lake Woodlands, adjacent to Northshore Park with a secondary (special effects) display at Town Green Park. There will also be a fireworks display at Waterway Square (near Timberloch Place and Waterway Avenue) and Rob Fleming Park in the Village of Creekside Park. Providing plenty of time to plan out your perfect viewing spot, firework teaser shots will be fired from all launch locations around 9, 9:10 and 9:20 p.m.
- Parade before party! Wake up early on July 4th and get a prime viewing spot for the South County 4th of July Parade. The 1.3-mile parade starts and 9 a.m. and begins and ends at The Woodlands United Methodist Church. You’ll see fire engines, marching bands, clowns and floats. There will be a tent set up in front of The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion for senior citizens or the disabled who may need relief from the heat. Roads will be closed during the parade.
- Splash Day! Enjoy free admission, activities, and refreshments at one of the Township’s 13 community pools.
Whether you are coming in from out of town or planning a staycation to fully enjoy these signature summer events, any of our 14 hotel properties will fit your needs. Plan your stay now!