Hashtag Rights Request Terms and Conditions
Crowdriff UGC Rights
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By replying to the request of Visit The Woodlands to participate in CrowdRiff (content aggregation tool) with the hashtag #yesVTW, you agree to all the terms and conditions in this agreement (“Terms and Conditions” or “Agreement”). Visit The Woodlands may terminate its websites or its use of your content at any time at its sole discretion. Any attempt by you to change any of these Terms and Conditions is hereby rejected and shall not be made part of these Terms and Conditions unless expressly agreed to in writing by an authorized representative of Visit The Woodlands.
You must be 18 years of age or older and have the legal right to enter into this Agreement and to grant any and all rights to your name, username, and image (collectively, "Name") and user-generated content (“Content”) in the form of original photography, video, or text.
You understand and agree that your Name and Content will be publicly displayed, and that it will not be treated in confidence. By replying to Visit The Woodlands’ request to participate, you provide Visit The Woodlands with the unlimited, worldwide right to use and share your Name and Content on its website, VisitTheWoodlands.com; in all of its social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, including both organic posts and paid ads; its printed marketing materials, such as the Visitors Guide, Insider’s Guide and more; digital ads; and other promotional materials of any kind or type.
VISIT THE WOODLANDS RIGHTS TO USER GENERATED CONTENT
You grant Visit The Woodlands and its agents a perpetual, transferable, sublicensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to (a) use, copy, transmit, distribute, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, adapt, combine with other ideas or works, publish, translate, publicly perform, publicly broadcast and publicly display your Name and Content (or any modification thereto) in whole or in part, in any format or medium now known or later developed; and (b) use (and permit others to use) your Name and Content in any manner and for any purpose, including without limitation: marketing, advertising, commercial or promotional purposes that Visit The Woodlands or its agents deem appropriate. To be clear, Visit The Woodlands will have the right, but not the obligation, to use the Name and Content, as authorized in this Agreement.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your Content. Visit The Woodlands is not required to host, display, or distribute any Content on or through its websites, on social media or otherwise, and may remove Content at any time or refuse Content for any reason. Visit The Woodlands is not responsible for any loss, theft, misuse or damage of any kind to your Content.
By replying to Visit The Woodlands’ request to participate in CrowdRiff (content aggregation tool) with the hashtag #yesVTW, you represent and warrant that:
- You are at least 18 years of age, you have the legal right to enter into this Agreement, and you are not impersonating anyone else.
- You own all rights in and to your Name and Content, including without limitation, all rights to the audio, video and or digital recording and performance contained in your Content (if any), and/or you have acquired all necessary rights to the elements appearing in your Content to enable you to grant all the rights to Visit The Woodlands as described herein.
- Your Content is wholly original and does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or any other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third-party individual or entity.
- You agree to release and allow all creative license and creative treatment in the use and production of your Content at the discretion of Visit The Woodlands and its agents.
- You voluntarily agree to waive all “moral rights” that you may have to your Content.
- Any information contained in your Content is not known to or reasonably believed by you to be false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Content does not violate any law.
- You were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for submitting your Content.
- You will not be compensated or granted any consideration in any way by Visit The Woodlands for the use of your Name or Content.
- Your Content does not incorporate materials from a third-party website, copyright-protected materials, or personally identifiable information of anyone other than yourself.
- Your Content does not reflect negatively in any way upon The Woodlands, Texas or the marketing, advertising, commercial or promotional efforts of The Woodlands Township or Visit The Woodlands.
RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION
You irrevocably release and forever discharge Visit The Woodlands and its agents, directors, officers, affiliated entities, employees, contractors and third-party providers (“Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter may have against any of the Released Parties, or their respective successors or assigns, arising out of or related in any way to use of your Name, Content or anything contained therein.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Visit The Woodlands and its agents, directors, officers, affiliated entities, employees, contractors and third party providers (“Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorney’s fees) that any of the Indemnified Parties may incur arising out of or related to the Name, Content, or your breach of this Agreement.
Visit The Woodlands reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and you agree to cooperate with Visit The Woodlands’ defense of such claims at your own expense.
MODIFICATIONS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Visit The Woodlands may, at its sole discretion, change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will be posted on https://www.visitthewoodlands.com/media/social-media/hashtag-rights-request-terms-and-conditions and will be effective upon posting unless another effective date is specified.