The Woodlands is home to one of the most popular places for concerts, festivals, and all sorts of events related to the arts. Yes, we are talking about The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Get the most out of your next visit with our useful Insider Tips!
1. If you are local to the area, plan ahead by purchasing your tickets directly from the Box Office! This will allow you to save a few dollars on your tickets, as service fees are less than when you buy them online.
2. You can access Performing Arts shows for free! The Pavilion helps bring the arts to everyone. They offer free mezzanine and lawn seating for all Houston Symphony, Houston Grand Opera, and Houston Ballet performances as well as free seating at the Star-Spangled Salute and Holly Jolly Jingle.
ARTS FOR ALL - ESPECIALLY THE KIDS
3. Mini Maestros is a fun program that makes the arts fun and accessible for kids. By signing up for Mini Maestros, children will receive a special membership lanyard and badge, free reserved seating at all performing arts events, early entry for Ice Cream Social or Hocus Pocus Pops, and a free ticket to Children’s Festival, and other great perks throughout the season. Click here to sign up for Mini Maestros. As an added bonus, families can register their children at any of The Pavilion’s performing arts events this season at a special booth located in the North Plaza.
WAYS TO STAY COOL
4. The closer to the stage, the cooler the experience (literally). The seats closer to the stage have heating (and cooling) for those hot or cold nights. When it’s hot outside, large fans circulate the air above to keep it a bit cooler for guests.
5. Don't skip out on The Lounge! The Lounge is an air-conditioned bar area that opens one hour before the gates at most Live Nation events. You actually go through security and scan your tickets, so it’s a great place to stop in if you have lawn tickets for a sold-out show. You won’t have to go through security again once gates open so you get first access to the venue! The Lounge stays open one hour after the show, so you can unwind and dodge traffic! The Lounge is also a great place to wait out an unfortunate rain delay.
FOOD AND DRINKS
6. Make it a picnic! Guests are encouraged to bring a blanket and food to shows. During contemporary (Live Nation) shows, guests are allowed to bring in a 1-gallon zip-top bag per person with snacks or food. You cannot bring the food in a cooler or large bag. During performing arts shows, guests are welcome to bring a picnic from home or their favorite restaurant, keep in mind that picnics must also comply with The Pavilion’s bag size restriction and/or be in the original packaging (pizza box, to-go packaging, etc.). Note: While they allow food, no beverages are allowed.
7. Bring an empty water bottle. While you are not allowed to bring beverages into The Pavilion, most events allow guests to bring an empty plastic water bottle that can be filled at any of the water filler stations. The water is nice and chilled, so it’s a great option for planning a budget-friendly trip!
8. Food and beverages such as wine and beer are available for purchase at concession areas around The Pavilion. Note: If you buy a bottle of wine you need at least two people to make that purchase. So don’t leave your group and go alone to grab one. The Pavilion is now a cashless venue, plan ahead and bring a debit or credit card for these types of transactions.
9. Parking is free for all events at The Pavilion at the parking lots off of Timberloch. From there it’s a very short walk to The Pavilion. There are other parking options and certain lots that open 30 minutes before events. (Watch for signs because some nearby businesses will tow if you park in their lots for events!)
INCLEMENT WEATHER / RAIN
10. Guests are allowed to bring small, compact umbrellas to events at The Pavilion. If you think it’s going to rain it’s probably a good idea to wear rain gear such as a poncho, just in case. Larger umbrellas are not allowed because they could block the views of people around you. Remember, if you'd like to get out of the elements during a rain delay, head to The Lounge to be shielded from the elements.
11. Before leaving your home or hotel, make sure your bag or purse follows The Pavilion's Bag Policy. Clear bags sized 12” x 12” or smaller are permitted. Non-clear handheld clutches sized 4.5” x 6.5” or smaller are permitted. There are exceptions for medically necessary bags (sized appropriately to the medical needs) or diaper bags (accompanied by infant/toddler) but the bags will be subject to search.