As The Woodlands nears its 50th anniversary, the master-planned community that George Mitchell envisioned continues to go above and beyond expectations of residents and visitors. In 2022, multiple hospitality businesses, attractions, restaurants, and organizations in The Woodlands received a variety of awards and recognitions for their hard work.
RESTAURANT, HOTEL, AND ATTRACTION AWARDS
Businesses in The Woodlands received several awards this year for providing high-quality customer service and exceptional experiences. From The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion to locally owned restaurants, a variety of hospitality partners in The Woodlands were recognized regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- The Pavilion Ranked No. 2 Outdoor Amphitheater in the World
- TripAdvisor Names The Republic Grille as Top-Rated U.S. Restaurant
- TRIS ranked #10 in Houston Chronicle's List of Top 100 Restaurants
- Travel + Leisure Names The Woodlands Resort as One of the Best in Texas
- The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Wins Hospitality Excellence Award
VISIT THE WOODLANDS AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
As the official destination management organization of The Woodlands, Visit The Woodlands is responsible for promoting the area and driving demand for business and leisure travel. This year, Visit The Woodlands received several recognitions for their efforts, including a Gold Viddy Award for the new Influencer Ambassador Program, and two reader's choice awards for meetings and conventions.
- Gold Viddy Award
- Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) Designations
- Marketing Director Profiled in Texas Meetings & Events Magazine
- ConventionSouth Annual Reader's Choice Award
- Smart Meetings 2022 Platinum Choice Award
Visit The Woodlands' Sales Director, Josie Lewis, was also appointed to the Meeting Planner International (MPI) Houston Chapter Board of Directors, and Visit The Woodlands' Executive Director, Elizabeth Eddins, was appointed to the Board of Directors for the Texas Travel Alliance (TTA) in 2022.
The Woodlands was also recognized and awarded for its achievements as a destination. One of the most exciting awards received this year was from Niche.com, which named The Woodlands "The Best City to Live in America" for a second year in a row.
- Named Best City to Live in America for a Second Year
- Recognized as World's Largest Master Planned Community to Achieve LEED® Precertification
- Chosen as 2022 Niagara Perk Your Park Contest Winner
Do you know of an award that should be on this list? Click here to let us know about it.